2007 JKU courtesy / dome light circuit

caliber356

Supporting Member
I have a 4 door 2007 JKU which, apparently, does not have any foot well / courtesy lights.
I am trying to add some Oracle Sidetrack lighting and need to at least find
that circuit / wire so I can tie into it.
Without the foot well lights this, is quite more difficult. I am thinking about
tying in to to one of the front door harness, but seems what youTube etc says
and what colors are available there, things are not matching up.

Anyone have any idea what / where I can tie into the courtesy / dome light
circuit in or around the foot wells or doors,.. ??

Many thanks.

On my 08 I tapped into the yellow wire with a white strip on the Passengers side at the footwell.

1724762617670.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp and Cimmerian
Thanks,..!! That does sound like a plan. I found some older thread here after I sent my question / message,
I am going to look there and see if I can make it happen.

Many thanks,..!!

Jeepo_QS.jpg

I also put a LED at the rear top right above the door to help light up the back more when the domes are on.

1724763328213.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp
Yeah, now that looks nice,..!!

I have 8 little wireless LED's on a remote control now, but am thinking about redoing those
with some added to the dash around the climate controls etc,.. over all, I am just
too dark and want to accent / light a few things.

I have somethings just to get by for now,. but am now thinking I have enough
location and identification to get the accents, footwells, etc, etc all done the
way I want,.. with dash connection and dimming etc.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU

Did you have to tap that sending unit in,.. or was there already a place for it,.. ??

There's either a 1/4 or 3/8 npt plug there I don't remember now it was quite a few years ago I put it in. You just need to get a reducer plug to go to a 1/8 npt which is what most senders are now days. Also make sure to have a oil pan under when you remove it quite a bit of oil comes out when it's removed.

Got it all working last night,... passenger side, did have to remove the molding along the door, way easier to get to that than the end of the carpet,.. I'm old.
Appreciate the assist..!!

SideTrack.jpg

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Got it all working last night,... passenger side, did have to remove the molding along the door, way easier to get to that than the end of the carpet,.. I'm old.
Appreciate the assist..!!

View attachment 127910

Don't worry your not the only one old and having problems getting into hard to get places. Glad to hear it went easy.

• Haha
Reactions: caliber356