16,000 Lumen LED headlight upgrade from Halogen

737mechanic

About a month ago I was contacted by a company that sells LED lighting for automobiles. They wanted me to review one of their products and they sent me a set of 16,000 Lumen LED replacement bulbs for my jeep. I was amazed at how much brighter they were compared to the factory halogen. If you are looking to upgrade you might be interested in this video. The video shows before and after installation.

Why on gods green earth would you want 16K lumens for headlights??? And these are just bulbs, not complete housings/harness? What's the product and company? I mean, maybe, maybe if I was running ONLY headlights in the Dakar rally, but seriously. That's like a 178W bulb. Stock headlamps draw something like 4 amps. These would draw closer to 13 amps. Even if this was a new housing that focused the light better than the horrible stock housing, the reflection from near objects alone would have to be blinding from the glare.

I'm more than interested to hear more, but I don't click random links. Post up your experiences with them... consider it a review of the movie :)

Reactions: Jino
Well, the bulbs draw about the same as the factory halogen bulbs, They are even CAN friendly meaning they do not cause any error messages on the instrument panel and the beam is whiter and brighter than the halogen. If you watch the video you can see the before and after which will show you why I think everyone needs to upgrade to these. In fact, the new jeeps come with factory LED's. Not sure what their lumen output is but I would bet it is close to these. BTW each bulb is 8,000 lumen's which gives a combined 16,000 out front.

OK, 8k per bulb makes more sense.

However, the problem with the stock Halogen headlights are the reflector design. The stock bulbs actually put out a decent amount of light but it's all over the place. Best halogens I've run have been Cibie E-codes with Osram bulbs.

All I know is we can see everything in front of us now, it is lit up like daylight. In fact, it is probably as good or maybe better than my 2017 GMC Sierra which has factory LED headlights.

Oh, don't misunderstand. I'm not disputing your results... My mind boggled at the thought of a single headlight being 16k lumens. :)

I agree the stock headlight design sucks. My point is the problem lies more in the housing. On previous JK's I went with Cibies. On my current daily driver I have JW Speakers but the cost is crazy. There are a lot more decent alternatives at good price points out now than even a few years ago.

If you're happy with these and can recommend, thanks for sharing. Like I said, I misunderstood how bright these were. Who needs a flamethrower with that kind of candle power? 😁

To me the brighter the better but I also make sure my headlights are properly aimed. One thing that irritates the hell out of me is people who lift their jeeps and trucks and fail to readjust their headlights and now even on the low beam they are blinding oncoming traffic.

Then there are the people who don't need to be driving jeeps or trucks in the first place who have light bars that run around on the streets with them on again blinding oncoming traffic.

About a month ago I was contacted by a company that sells LED lighting for automobiles. They wanted me to review one of their products and they sent me a set of 16,000 Lumen LED replacement bulbs for my jeep. I was amazed at how much brighter they were compared to the factory halogen. If you are looking to upgrade you might be interested in this video. The video shows before and after installation.

Upgraded from the factory to LED headlights
Interested, if they don't blind oncoming traffic, that would be great.
I prefer warmer tint for lights, rather than the cool whites (look bluish to me).

I don’t notice any blue in them, they are bright white as far as I can see. As far as blinding oncoming traffic the reason a lot of people with Jeep’s and trucks blind oncoming traffic is because they don’t properly aim their headlights after lifting or leveling their vehicle.