08 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited making squeaky noise when steering wheel is turning left/right stationary

Harrisma2

Hello all,

My 08 Jeep Wrangler makes squeaky sound when turning steering wheel left/right while stationary or moving. What could be the cause? Please someone assist me.

Your ball joints are shot. And if they're making that same noise while driving normally on a flat road surface, I would advise against driving the vehicle until you get them replaced. Understand, a bad ball joint, if left alone and not replaced, will ultimately result in breaking your front end.

Ever seen these guys on the side of the road?
1723813462590.jpeg

1723813548518.png

1723813606641.jpeg

These should be a part of a regular inspection when doing preventive maintenance on your Jeep. You can pay as little as $100 or so for a new set, or as much as $700, it's up to you. If memory serves me, the OEM ball joints do not have lubrication fittings, but a lot of the better-than-average aftermarket ball joints do have lubrication points.

But I would definitely get your Jeep into a shop ASAP.

Maybe some of the other readers here have recommendations for a specific brand of replacement ball joint?

Last edited: