Snowbird with a '16 JKU Sport

What a drive. :mad: 20-35 mph crosswinds 80% of the trip. Steering wheel was cranked 5* left just to stay straight. A cinder block dragging a large box has zero aerodynamics. Just over 11mpg average. Got out of the Jeep for the last fillup in Jonesboro and nearly got blowed over.

Drove up to the Ford dealer to pick up the wife. Her Taurus needs front brakes and rotors and homey's done with that crap.

On the way back, stopped and got my required quantity of $$$$ Royal Purple 75w-140 gear oil for the axle fluid changes. Made the call to the local dealer to schedule the trans fluid/filter change. I *think* I have enough fresh fluid in the garage to do the transfer case while I'm under there today too.

When picking up the Jeep Tuesday, the tech had written up his recommendations for other stuff.

Radiator’s seeping, water pump too. Valve cover gaskets oozing. Upper ball joints are a wee bit wobbly. Add all that to my list and I’ve got 3 full days of maintenance in my future. And easily $1500 in parts. 🙄

Farming out the radiator recore to a local (and real good) repair shop after I pull it. They’ve done a couple others for me already.

Gotta decide - OEM or uprated ball joints. Probably OEM, but gotta research about cost differential.

When picking up the Jeep Tuesday, the tech had written up his recommendations for other stuff.

Radiator’s seeping, water pump too. Valve cover gaskets oozing. Upper ball joints are a wee bit wobbly. Add all that to my list and I’ve got 3 full days of maintenance in my future. And easily $1500 in parts. 🙄

Farming out the radiator recore to a local (and real good) repair shop after I pull it. They’ve done a couple others for me already.

Gotta decide - OEM or uprated ball joints. Probably OEM, but gotta research about cost differential.
How many miles on your JKU??