Wrangler JKU front end conversion to Defender 110

Other than the fact that your Jeep is NOT a Defender and the body lines don't line up. Its looks OK if you only look at the front clip alone. But the fact that the fender lines are completely different than the rest of the Jeep really destroy the whole concept. It just looks like a pieced together second thought.

If you want to fix the JK grill check this out. I love the look of these grills. At least in the pictures. I've never seen one in person. They basically turn a JK grill into a JL grill.

1612364683122.png

Reactions: mrjp
I'm not really a fan of the box look, but i'm sure you'll find some that do like it. Do you make them to sell or just to keep for yourself?
Hey BLACKJKU, I purchased most of the parts from Rovers North in VT which costs me over $4K. You need to know how to weld to do this. I posted a video on how to do it on youtube but, I'll post another in depth how to video when I finish the green machine build. I have to fabricate panels to fill in the gaps between the rover fenders and the jeep doors but, that wasn't that hard with a 3 and 1 machine that I purchased from harbor freight.

1st-jeep-rover.jpg

It isn't an inexpensive process after paint but, I get approached constantly when I'm out an about around town. Most jeepers think it is very cool. A Jeep rides much better than a restored authentic Defender. Feel free to contact me if you have lots of questions.

Reactions: Hooperdog
I think I have to retract my earlier comment. Seeing the side view of a more finished product, the fender lines don't look as out of place as I thought they would. In fact they seem to line up pretty nicely with the rear window line. So nice job with that. It still looks a little odd to me though. The bulk up front makes the front end look heavy, but it could just be because its unpainted. I think the 4 door will look more balanced and look even better. My teenage boy saw the picture and thought it looked awesome. So different people have different taste I guess.

Nice work though. I didn't realize you had done all this yourself. I thought you were looking to purchase a premade kit when I poster earlier. That takes a lot of work and a lot of talent to put together something like that. Good job. It may not be the direction I would have gone, but I respect you for thinking outside the box and I admire your skills for putting it all together. I look forward to seeing a finished and painted Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp