Wiring light bars and other lights

Dillonsland

Hi guys - I am new to the forum and format but figured I would give it a try here. I am looking to get started correctly with wiring a light bar and other lights. Where is a place to start correctly with a preferred switch box for the interior and what should I purchase to start this project and do I myself? Thanks for you guys patience I am worse than a beginner at this.

Hi guys - I am new to the forum and format but figured I would give it a try here. I am looking to get started correctly with wiring a light bar and other lights. Where is a place to start correctly with a preferred switch box for the interior and what should I purchase to start this project and do I myself? Thanks for you guys patience I am worse than a beginner at this.
What is your budget and what are your goals? What are you planning to do with the lights?

The SPOD is an incredibly popular solution for auxiliary lighting and other switches:

You'll see them a lot, and rightfully so. They are easy to setup and keep things neat and organized.

I'd start with something like this personally if you plan on installing a bunch of auxiliary accessories such as lights.

I pulled a 12ga wire from the battery to a relay and then used the Key on wire from the aux power to power up a terminal board that I located behind the glove box. I then can fasten any thing that I want to be Key on at the terminal strip and run a wire to a switch for whatever it might be.

Right now i'm using it to power up my light bar and my oil pressure gauge.

I used the Rough Country multiple light controller in my JKUR. Same concept as the spod one but at a cheaper price. It's been working great for me so far.

The SPOD is an incredibly popular solution for auxiliary lighting and other switches:

You'll see them a lot, and rightfully so. They are easy to setup and keep things neat and organized.

I'd start with something like this personally if you plan on installing a bunch of auxiliary accessories such as lights.
I'd second that, makes wiring anything in the future so much easier

Reactions: mrjp and Chris