Will JL parts fit JK

Jlr1979

Hi I just purchased a 2018 JK and I just ordered a lot of stuff to put on it. I ordered a lot of lights in a winch them are not my problem. My issue is I purchased a front and rear bumper fenders flares and running boards. When I was looking at them I typed in my Jeep and model but for some reason because it's a 2018 it came up as a JL. I didn't notice this until after I ordered it they will not refund. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows if they are interchangeable.

I'm unsure what a bumper fender flare is, or if we are just missing a comma.
I'll assume a comma is missing

I've heard bumpers will work, I doubt fender flares will.. perhaps with some modification. Runnings boards... no idea.

Let us know when the stuff arrives if they do work. These forums are searchable on the internet, and I'm sure others will have this same question. I'm guessing it is too late to cancel the order. Though also let us know what site so we can advise about the customer service there. (not taking returns)

Reactions: mrjp
The reason you got JL parts is that 2018 was a split year for Jeep production. For the future, a safe bet is to say you have a "2017". That will insure you get JK parts.

The front bumper will work (The mounting is the same), the rear most likely works, but cant confirm that for certain.

The fender flares will 100% not work and I doubt the steps will either. Best bet is to exchange them. Any reputable company will do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp