Will a JL drive shaft fit a JK?

BeckySue

I have a 2014 JKU with 110k miles that has done amazing on all stock original parts. I am getting close to needing to replace the front drive shaft and I'm wondering if a drive shaft from a newer model JL will fit on my vehicle.
There's always takeoffs available for cheap but not sure if it's even worth looking.
Has anyone tried this yet?

What is wrong with the front driveshaft that the whole thing needs replaced?
It's really just the boot is shot. Starting to make some interesting noises, figured if I'm going to pull things apart then i might as well just replace the whole thing. At some point i will upgrade, but I'm relatively novice offroader and still figuring out how far I want to take my build. So for now, just keeping with basically stock components.

If your Jeep is still the stock then this will fix your driveshaft.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JL67H7W/?tag=jkforum-20

If you was to buy a new aftermarket HD driveshaft they usually go by what size lift you have. So if you bought one for a stock Jeep and decided to lift it you would have to but a new driveshaft.
Thanks, I will look into that. Mixed reviews on the quality but good info to have!
Still seriously curious though about what is and is not interchangeable between the JK and the JL. I'm a bit surprised that no one seems to know.

Thanks, I will look into that. Mixed reviews on the quality but good info to have!
Still seriously curious though about what is and is not interchangeable between the JK and the JL. I'm a bit surprised that no one seems to know.
The JL front drive shafts are longer. 8-10" longer depending on the style of the drive shaft.

Reactions: BeckySue and mrjp
I have a 2014 JKU with 110k miles that has done amazing on all stock original parts. I am getting close to needing to replace the front drive shaft and I'm wondering if a drive shaft from a newer model JL will fit on my vehicle.
There's always takeoffs available for cheap but not sure if it's even worth looking.
Has anyone tried this yet?
The only difference is the driveshaft hub is slightly larger on the transfer case flange, if you change transfer case flange with driveshaft it should fit