What year is the LJ for the YJ

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
At an auto lot and think I ran across a LJ. It’s a 2005 Manual could that be an LJ? It sure looks like it just haven’t seen many. Any way to know for sure?

Those are TJs not YJ. The YJ was the one with the square headlights that ended in 95 or 96.

The TJ forums will have better answers, but if it looks like you can actually fit something behind the rear seats, then it is probably a LJ. Which, by the way, is not an official designation. They were the original Unlimited trim, that was then extended into the 4 door a few years later with the JKU. So it should say "unlimited" one the side just in front of the door.. unless somebody removed it. Common.

Thank you @MacGuyver. At first for some reason was thinking it was JK, just got confused. It is the LJ, just don’t see that many and was so excite, still thinking about picking it up. The wife said “Hey guess we could trade in the Smart for it”. I think it had 105K or so, manual with the 4.0. They asking 23K for it, seems a little high. Didn‘t look underneath much as was there for my daughter, which she found a 2017 that we are picking up.

Reactions: mrjp
Thank you @MacGuyver. At first for some reason was thinking it was JK, just got confused. It is the LJ, just don’t see that many and was so excite, still thinking about picking it up. The wife said “Hey guess we could trade in the Smart for it”. I think it had 105K or so, manual with the 4.0. They asking 23K for it, seems a little high. Didn‘t look underneath much as was there for my daughter, which she found a 2017 that we are picking up.
105K on the 4.0 is not too bad. I think 05,06 had some computer issues. I agree 23K seems high. The guys on the TJ forum will get you dialed in on it.

It does seem high, but they didn't sell that well, so not a ton made. It was only later that people fell in love with them. With the cost of used cars right now, you may be looking at the going price. But definitely ask around on the TJ forum I linked.

23K is the going price on a TJ Rubicon Unlimited in good condition but a little high for the average TJ Sport Unlimited, 18K to 20K would be a fair price for one in good condition with around 100K on the odometer. At least for now as they have been getting very desirable lately. The unicorn is the Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon Sahara model or Rubihara, only 1000 were produced and they are numbered.

Thank you. Did seem a little high, flip side not many of them are around. I’m still tossing it around in my head.