What size fridge will fit behind the driver's seat?

FoxHole

First post here!!

I have a 2015 JKU, and I'm wondering what the largest size fridge will fit behind the drivers side rear seat. I will be getting a slide under it too, which will make it taller and hit the top of the rear seat. I've been looking at Dometic and ARB models, but without actually being able to put one in the back, I can't really tell what size will fit.

If someone has a fridge on a slide, could you please let me know what size, and how it fits? Maybe add a pic?

First post here!!

I have a 2015 JKU, and I'm wondering what the largest size fridge will fit behind the drivers side rear seat. I will be getting a slide under it too, which will make it taller and hit the top of the rear seat. I've been looking at Dometic and ARB models, but without actually being able to put one in the back, I can't really tell what size will fit.

If someone has a fridge on a slide, could you please let me know what size, and how it fits? Maybe add a pic?

You know that before anyone will answer you that you have to post a picture of your JK don't you?

We're picture hounds around here.

Welcome! Don't have a fridge (or a 4dr for that matter), can't help there.

Are you planning on removing the back seat? Dan Grec has a pretty interesting build he did for his trip across Africa. Maybe that will help.

Welcome! Don't have a fridge (or a 4dr for that matter), can't help there.

Are you planning on removing the back seat? Dan Grec has a pretty interesting build he did for his trip across Africa. Maybe that will help.
I'm ordering the Goose Gear platform, and will be getting the 60% seat delete. I want to keep the 40% seat, which would be behind a fridge.

Thinking out loud here.... but I'd consider putting the fridge up front and moving the wife to the backseat somewhere.....

Welcome aboard, FoxHole. What part of SD you in?

• Face Palm
  • Haha
Reactions: mrjp and FoxHole
Thinking out loud here.... but I'd consider putting the fridge up front and moving the wife to the backseat somewhere.....

Welcome aboard, FoxHole. What part of SD you in?
HAHA!!! I'm in the Mission Hills area. My house overlooks MCRD kind of. Were you stationed here?

HAHA!!! I'm in the Mission Hills area. My house overlooks MCRD kind of. Were you stationed here?
Born and raised.
And I spent the majority of my 20 years stationed there as well. Lived primarily in OB for the last 10 years I was there. On Saratoga Ave just a couple blocks from the beach. Bought a place in Encinitas in 1989, things happened and I moved to the east coast at the end of 1992.

I just wanted to follow up on this post. After installing my Goose Gear platform system I purchased the Dometic CFX3 55im along with the Dometic slider. Everything fits absolutely perfect. It just touches the 40% seat, and has a couple inches to spare, to the tailgate. My other worry about getting the 55im, was the height of the fridge door, because it opens on the side instead of the front like on the CFX3 45. Well, that worked out too! It just brushes the rear window wiper box on the window. It still is able to open fully so that I can remove the wire baskets.

rearend.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71
I just wanted to follow up on this post. After installing my Goose Gear platform system I purchased the Dometic CFX3 55im along with the Dometic slider. Everything fits absolutely perfect. It just touches the 40% seat, and has a couple inches to spare, to the tailgate. My other worry about getting the 55im, was the height of the fridge door, because it opens on the side instead of the front like on the CFX3 45. Well, that worked out too! It just brushes the rear window wiper box on the window. It still is able to open fully so that I can remove the wire baskets.

View attachment 118354
Very nice. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a very similar setup and wanted to pick your brain. I have a 2018 JKU that i believe should be dimensionally identical to your 2015. Already have the Goose gear base plate and side cubbies installed.

Looking at getting a 55im and Dometic slide. Strictly looking at the dimensions online, it looks like it won't quite fit. Clearly reality is a little different.

1. Did you have to modify the GG base plate at all to mount the Dometic slide, or did the mounting holes/brackets line up with the standard mount points in the plate?
2. Any issues with the power cords impacting the seat when its pushed in? I think these comes with 90 degree plugs so maybe not an issue.
3. What accessory pouch hangar is that on the left side? Looks nice.

Very nice. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a very similar setup and wanted to pick your brain. I have a 2018 JKU that i believe should be dimensionally identical to your 2015. Already have the Goose gear base plate and side cubbies installed.

Looking at getting a 55im and Dometic slide. Strictly looking at the dimensions online, it looks like it won't quite fit. Clearly reality is a little different.

1. Did you have to modify the GG base plate at all to mount the Dometic slide, or did the mounting holes/brackets line up with the standard mount points in the plate?
2. Any issues with the power cords impacting the seat when its pushed in? I think these comes with 90 degree plugs so maybe not an issue.
I have the same fridge and slide as your getting then. It fits with a couple inches to spare.
1. I didn’t do any modifications to the goose gear plate system, but the holes don’t line up. I just drilled into the plate system. I figure if I ever remove it, I can fill the holes.
2. The power cord doesn’t come anywhere near the seat because the seat is at an angle, and there 4-5 inches from the fridge to the back of the seat on the bottom. The top there is no room though. I just routed the cord up and used a bungee to keep it from getting in the tracks.
3. The accessories pouch is a Step 22 hedgehog. It’s a toiletries bag. https://step22gear.com/products/hedgehog-toiletry-roll-cordura-multicam

86D3964F-8F51-4CED-845A-1959B90C2A73.jpeg

This is a current pic of how it all fits.

Reactions: mrjp
Was thinking of getting a 4 door for this purpose . Keep the 2 door for top down , doors off fun when wanted. The rooftop interests me so I can look down and flip all the raccoons the bird. 😉