What backup camera are you using?

jbird1311

I'm looking to add a back up camera. any suggestions? what have you used that you like or dislike?

Thanks

If all your wanting is a Backup Camera Amazon has quite a few cheaply priced units. If I was to buy a new one it would probably be one of the Peak brands they have 2 different sized ones.

Sorry, guess I could’ve provided more info. I’m currently using an alpine head unit so I have a video port to hook it to.

I used the Alpine backup camera system that was recommended by Alpine to use since it can be activated while in the drive gear. It comes useful when I tow the Travel Trailer. For the record I have the X409 head unit and have the Sirius module installed as well.

Ours has the cheapo factory stereo so we had to get something with a screen. We got this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGS11CM/?tag=jkforum-20

It has worked very well for us. One time the rear camera quit and after troubleshooting I found the connector had gotten water in it and there was a little bit of corrosion on the pins. This was from riding in creeks amd mud puddles!
Cleaned the pins and socket and good now. This time I put a thin coat of silicone on it.

Reactions: Chris
Sorry, guess I could’ve provided more info. I’m currently using an alpine head unit so I have a video port to hook it to.
Is it the Alpine unit from the factory or the aftermarket Alpine. I have the factory Alpine (don't know the model) and would like to add a back up camera. Not sure if mine has a video input, thanks!

Here is a pic of the mounted camera.

IMG_4146.jpg

Ghstrydr, that is a great solution - if I had seen that one I probably would have gone that route as well.