Well I did it

theRealCrazy

JK Enthusiast
So i know how much hate across forums and YT this head unit has.
But i decided to go ahead and try it myself, bein android savvy!

ordered the latest and greatest from Seicane.. running Android 10 with 4Go of ram on board.
it shipped to my door in less than 2 weeks by DHL.

Having the Alpine amp i had to reverse the 8 wires (FL+ FL- FR+ FR - with RL+ RL- RR+ RR -) so i stripped them down and soldered them back together.
everything else plugged in pretty effortlessly.
the plastic trims are actually pretty damn good quality... i spent a bit of time cleaning the shavings and sanding the rough parts of the plastics but overall i give them 9/10.
A lot of people seems to have issues with fitting.. well.. it's not easy for sure, but i'm gapless so it does work.. you really have to take your time and place the left piece, top and climate panels before the last main panel.... I'm sure things will move when offroading eventually (as we don't need the 4 bolts that attaches the 430N anymore) and I'll edit my post if it does..
I connected directly to the car gps antenna using an adapter.

also added a dashcam hardwired and decided to go ahead and add quick USB ports so i don't need to reach into the glove box to connect to Carplay or android auto. it also connect perfectly with my ODB2 sensor so i have real time data with Torque PRO and Jscan on the go.
Honestly so far, I'm extremely pleased. tried everything and everything works, up to the steering wheel controls.

all in all it took me 2.5hours with cleaning. a good 30mins was hacking the harness.

finished product:

2Peprl39gsfnpdKOnD41L0_o=w2560-h1212-no?authuser=0.jpg

the USB connections (bottom is for Android auto/Carplay and top is to add storage, usb drive..etc.....)

LHUrDrxwburlfZVdswI9s0y4=w2560-h1212-no?authuser=0.jpg

now, you NEED to understand how Android works, as nothing is straight forward, that's for sure.

screen is beautiful and really responsive.. it is NOT waterproof though, none of the connections are sealed.

anyway.... there is so much hate on this unit, i wanted to add my 2cts...
I'm extremely pleased and will update this thread as the months go by for anyone interested.