Warning against Morris4x4

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Had to order a new brake kit for my Jeep. Searched around for the best deal. Found somewhere with a really good price, but charged nearly 30 dollars for shipping. I saw Morris does price match guarantee. I always try to price match when I can and companies always price match the listed price of the item. Morris however price matches the price plus what that company charges for shipping (so they don’t really price match). Not a huge deal.
My problem is that I ordered a kit last Thursday. They said my order was accepted and I was good to go.
Saturday I still had yet to get a shipping confirmation so on Monday I got on chat. They said “oh, there has been a delay and it will ship the 23 or 24th”. This irritated me because I need some brakes, but I guess I could just not drive and delay one weekend.
This morning I still have yet to get a shipping notification so I chat with them again. They now say that’s been delayed until April 13th and they weren’t even going to tell me!

I have heard multiple cases of Morris doing this, but I always give the benefit of the doubt.

Just a word of warning. Go with someone else.
*If you look at my posts, generally I give companies praise and don’t blast them very much. I couldn’t resist this time.

I've never dealt with Morris but I know quite a few places are still having shipping issues because of the Covid.

But I think it's good business to notify if the Shipping is going to be delayed again.

I've ordered on Amazon and once in a while there is a delay and they send a notice that it will be delayed longer and ask if you want to cancel the order.

Thanks for the headsup I never ordered from Morris but it seems the big name online stores all pull this. Quadratec, Extreme Terrain to name some others. I have ordered from Quadratec and Extreme Terrain and got similar treatment. Maybe its just I am used to the level of service Amazon provides but to charge someone first and then make them wait 10-12 days and no communication before shipping doesnt sit well with me.

Thanks for the heads up, that sounds really bad. They really should at least send a message or even better have a notice on their website before purchase. Pretty unprofessional especially since they messaged you with a date and then kept pushing it back without any explanation.

Reactions: mrjp
Morris4x4 (owned by AutoAnything) is one of the worst companies to do business with in existence. Pop over on the TJ forum and see the thread about Morris4x4 that is page after page of bad experiences. Morris4x4 even got on the forum, tried to make it right by sending out some free gift cards, and then fucked things up even more :LOL:

Never, ever, ever do business with Morris! Terrible company with shitty and mostly non-existent customer service.

Reactions: kaywhit73 and mrjp
Thanks for the headsup I never ordered from Morris but it seems the big name online stores all pull this. Quadratec, Extreme Terrain to name some others. I have ordered from Quadratec and Extreme Terrain and got similar treatment. Maybe its just I am used to the level of service Amazon provides but to charge someone first and then make them wait 10-12 days and no communication before shipping doesnt sit well with me.
Yep. Ordered a cab cover from Quadratec last July. Just got it last week. Had forgotten about it actually.

Morris4x4 (owned by AutoAnything) is one of the worst companies to do business with in existence. Pop over on the TJ forum and see the thread about Morris4x4 that is page after page of bad experiences. Morris4x4 even got on the forum, tried to make it right by sending out some free gift cards, and then fucked things up even more :LOL:

Never, ever, ever do business with Morris! Terrible company with shitty and mostly non-existent customer service.
Oh man, that's even worse than I thought!

Reactions: mrjp
I've ordered from Morris in the past and haven't had issues (same with Q-tec) but this past year has made okay bad and so-so horrible. Northridge has in stock indicators on their website and they've been good - they've had issues too, but a quick phone call and I had a reasonable response.

Normally I'd saw call the vendor 1st to confirm stock, but some of them I wouldn't trust the answer.

Reactions: BLACKJKU and mrjp