Great deals on JK parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler JK? Checkout the selection of JK parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse JK parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler JK Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Very happy with rock lights

SharkJeep

I know there’s mixed opinions on rock lights on Jeeps, personally I think they’re great on Jeeps. Just got some on my jk from Stinger Offroad and they absolutely light the night up! I have the liquid, mud, dust and impact resistant rock lights from them in white and I couldn’t be happier. One in each wheel well is plenty unlike other products from other companies that you need 2 for each wheel well to get any good light. Very happy with what I have.

Dirty Dog

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Another vote for pictures. I know some people think extra lights are a sign of a Mall-crawler, but I'm a light fan. As you can probably tell from our Jeeps. And you should see the lights I installed in the garage...
It might be because I've spent my entire adult life in the ER, where you've got great lighting for procedures. Or because I am nearsighted and only have one eye.

Speartip

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Another vote for pictures. I know some people think extra lights are a sign of a Mall-crawler, but I'm a light fan. As you can probably tell from our Jeeps. And you should see the lights I installed in the garage...
It might be because I've spent my entire adult life in the ER, where you've got great lighting for procedures. Or because I am nearsighted and only have one eye.
Yeah I’ve heard the mall crawler term associated with rock lights but I be disagree as well . Look good if done right .
They have usefulness to them if on the trail at night or camping .
A uTube channel did an episode on them . In their case often wheeling in Arizona or Nevada . Think those were places mentioned . Anyways the lights helped to be see under Jeep while at camp . They were concerned about rattle snakes and shit hiding under the warm Jeep .
Guess that’s a thing in the hot areas of US.
Don’t have to worry about snakes here . It’s more bears & cougars . But they tend to stay away unless hungry & your cooking up something tasty on a BBQ.
Will see if OP posts a pic . If not probably a round a about way of advertising . Hopefully I’m wrong but it’s been 3 days.

pputney

I have the 8 pod rock lights from Stinger Offroad also and absolutely love them. They are a great product with a great price. I highly recommend them. Mine are RGB for jeep nights and turn them to white for trails.

20221007_214531.jpg

Speartip

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
At the risk of sounding like a Jeep newby. Which I am. What is a ”mall crawler” ?
Some Jeepers out there actually snub their their nose on people who don’t take their Jeep off road .
Only drive it to the mall etc .
Hence the the name Mall Crawler .
Some mods that are done sometimes are associated with “ mall crawlers “
Large rims / low profile tires
Rock lights
There are a few other mods associated but can’t think of them .

It’s actually kinda of a silly mindset TBH. A person can do what ever they want to their Jeep. Don’t think anyone here including myself would judge if you didn’t go off road
To each their own

Dirty Dog

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
At the risk of sounding like a Jeep newby. Which I am. What is a ”mall crawler” ?
Newbies are great. Every old timer was a noob at some point. If it weren't for noobs, the things we enjoy doing would die out.
A mall crawler is the opposite of a rock crawler.
The modifications done to a vehicle can tell a lot about what it is intended for.
If you're building to go on really gnarly trails, the sort of trails that break vehicles and people, you do the build a certain way. For example, you want the biggest tire you can fit, with the least amount of lift. Because a higher center of gravity increases the chances of a rollover. You also want a lot of sidewall on your tires. Because one of the ways to improve traction is to lower your tire pressure. This lets the sidewall flex more, and the tire can wrap around obstacles. A larger contact patch means better grip.
So a rig with a sky high lift and rubberband tires on giant wheels is not likely to be doing any rock crawling. But they can crawl around the mall or the Cars & Coffee meet.
It's not uncommon to see 2WD vehicles with giant lifts and such. Or they are 4wd, but don't have a front driveshaft.

Reactions: mrjp