WTB: Unfinished Bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoMomma

Greetings all -

1st THANK YOU in advance...I am looking for unfinished bumpers. I have had two sets of after market bumpers (front and rear) and very very disappointed as the "powder coat" starting failing after having only four months. One set was 4x4 Body Armor....when I called them they said basically suck it and that the warranty void because I live in the Northeast Corridor...and that I could send them back and they would re-powder coat....oh yea....that is what I want to do, to send my bumpers back to CA from NJ.

The 2nd set...well I should have known better....so looking for a reasonably priced good quality powder coat but mostly looking for unfinished as I have a Great local powder coating guy... any and all suggestions graciously accepted.

Thank you,

Jo

If your looking for unfinished bumpers and your first ones the paint fell off why not just have them sand or soda blasted then repaint or powder coated?

What about the 2nd set you could do the same.

Anytime you have bumpers shipped your taking a very big chance that they will arrive as the same as they look before shipping. Even with a unpainted one it could have surface rust, scratches or dents.

Reactions: mrjp
Because the welds were eh at best very disappointed in the 4x4 body armor set...I did strip them, painted and resold but did not have the powder coating lined up....additionally after having for a few months did not like them. The 2nd set have rusted so bad that they are literally crumbling to the touch...

• Sad
Reactions: mrjp
Because the welds were eh at best very disappointed in the 4x4 body armor set...I did strip them, painted and resold but did not have the powder coating lined up....additionally after having for a few months did not like them. The 2nd set have rusted so bad that they are literally crumbling to the touch...

The paint or powder coating is crumbling or the steel is?

Here are some front bumper, you'll need to contact them about rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.