Uconnect and iPhone compatibility

Pedweld

I have a JK-2013 and use iPhone with updated software. The UConnect interface leaves a lot to e desired with iPhone compatibility. Things like Siri do not work when it's paired. I have an option to upgrade the maps and trying to hear if this may upgrade the companyibility, or what you all do if you have my same problem. Do you buy a non-jeep head end? If so, which one?

In my opinion the U Connect is more like Why Connect. I have the 430 radio and it is pathetic. Connected to Bluetooth the phone rings it take forever to answer and hang up. No Apple Car Play. Using google maps the only way to hear it is by using it like a phone call, unless you use it via the Aux Input. Then you cannot listen to the radio, because it’s on AUX.
It is slow, clunky and an embarrassment to be installed in a 2018 vehicle. Some replace the head units, and a Google search should serve you well on that front.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I use my iPhone with uConnect on my 2016 Rubicon and it does indeed leave a lot to be desired. This is why I plan to ditch the factory head unit for an Apple CarPlay one.

This is the one I plan to get (it has CarPlay wireless):