U1412 & P0501

JeepJeezy

OlllllllO
Supporting Member
So I just installed 37's with Bawarrion beadlocks. Went on Jscan, deactivated my TPMS and adjusted my tire size. Took the Jeep for a spin to see if everything worked. Now my speedometer doesn't work and I get 2 error codes. U1412 & P0501. I go back into Jscan turn TPMS back on and now my speedometer works and I could clear the codes. Does anyone have ANY idea why this is happening? When I Google those codes it gives me lots of reasons but I feel none of them pertain to my situation.

I would have to think changing the tire size and, therefore, the shift points in the tranny is what's causing the P0501. The VSS is located in the tranny and I think there may be a communication issue between the VSS and the ECM.

The U1412 is related specifically to the wheel speed sensor and the ABS to an extent. Did you deactivate the TPMS then adjust the tire size in that order? Not that the TPMS has anything to do with it, but try changing the tire size, then deactivating the TPMS? Just a thought.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I would have to think changing the tire size and, therefore, the shift points in the tranny is what's causing the P0501. The VSS is located in the tranny and I think there may be a communication issue between the VSS and the ECM.

The U1412 is related specifically to the wheel speed sensor and the ABS to an extent. Did you deactivate the TPMS then adjust the tire size in that order? Not that the TPMS has anything to do with it, but try changing the tire size, then deactivating the TPMS? Just a thought.
Tried this. Did the same thing and got the same codes.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Tried this. Did the same thing and got the same codes.
Hmmm.....
I have to think it's got something to do with changing the tire size. I'll keep reading. One more question- did you jump from a stock tire size to the 37s or had you changed tire size prior to this time?

Hmmm.....
I have to think it's got something to do with changing the tire size. I'll keep reading. One more question- did you jump from a stock tire size to the 37s or had you changed tire size prior to this time?
The previous owner had jumped up a size from stock. I talked to the guys at Quadratech. They said to try dropping the tire size on Jscan and then disable the TPMS

Update**

I tried taking the tire size down a half inch on Jscan. Then disabled TPMS. Fingers still crossed but haven't had any codes pop up. Still not sure what caused this 🤷‍♂️
That's kinda bizarre... but what is your speedometer looking like?