Trouble with shifting on 6-speed manual

Will32426

I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 speed manual transmission. I’ve noticed that after shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th gears that there’s a “catch up” where it seems that the transmission is trying to catch up with the shift. Any idea what that could be, anything I should be concerned about?

The clutch would be the only thing that could cause something like that. Does it happen when accelerating heavy on it?

Do you smell anything hot when it does it? Go to a parking lot where there isn't many vehicles around and while in 1st gear slowly put the brake on while accelerating and see what happens. It should stall the engine out or slip the clutch if it's bad.

Do you smell anything hot when it does it? Go to a parking lot where there isn't many vehicles around and while in 1st gear slowly put the brake on while accelerating and see what happens. It should stall the engine out or slip the clutch if it's bad.
I don’t smell anything when it does that, I do walk around and check. I’ll try the acceleration thing and see what happens.