Traction control doesn't completely turn off

Grandjeepster01

I searched, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so maybe it doesn't exist, but I gotta ask. I noticed when I turn off traction control, it does not completely turn off. I asked another group about it and they said to hold the button for 7 seconds. I tried this a couple times and it would still activate, even just driving up my snow covered driveway. I could get tire spin, but as soon as I turned a corner and the ruts would drag me a little sideways, the traction control would start applying brake. Other than the "JK Shimmy" or whatever it's called (I don't want to have to do this every time I need some wheel speed to get up my driveway) are there any tricks to completely shut off traction control? Is this something I would be able to do with J-scan when I get it?

as far as ik the only way to truly disable it is to put in 4 low. but their could be a way idk if you would want it off all the time. I just like it off when in off road

See this thread:

Thanks, not sure how I missed this one. My work computers don't like videos and what-not, I'll take a look when I get home.

Reactions: Chris