TPMS in new Gladiator wheels causing issues on my JK

bjs

bought a 12 jk and recently put 2020 gladiator tires and rims with tpms still installed first day all good, second day tpms alarm shows alarm aired all 5 tires to 45psi started jeep cleared alarm today drove truck and alrm reactivated tires all show 44 45 psi any ideas

Well, I doubt the TPMS units are bad since the wheels and everything are brand new.

45 psi is way too much pressure to be running, you should be running 35 psi at the very post. Have you tried airing them down to 35 see what happens?

Welp tried lower pressure to door tag 35 no change still in alarm took to tire shop and found out that since one (spare tire) sensor is from 12 and 4 on ground are from 2020 computer doesnt like it apparently no way to trick computer into thinking spare was not there so had to buy another sensor that was 2020 compatable we will see

You need to get a programmer and reprogram the computer to accept the new TPMS's. It is horribly confused with the new rims and the new sensors. Think of it trying to drive on high heels...

Reactions: Chris
Okay, that's what I was thinking too, that the new TPMS sensors couldn't just be thrown on, they had to be programmed. Thanks for clearing that up @Ballermaris

Okay, that's what I was thinking too, that the new TPMS sensors couldn't just be thrown on, they had to be programmed. Thanks for clearing that up @Ballermaris

I look at any vehicle modification to have an impact on the vehicle. The computer is used for certain equipage so if that equipage changes out, then the computer has to relearn the vehicle.

I look at any vehicle modification to have an impact on the vehicle. The computer is used for certain equipage so if that equipage changes out, then the computer has to relearn the vehicle.

These days cars are so sophisticated that most things have to be programmed to the vehicle. A good example of this is my mom's BMW. You can't even change the battery on it without programming the new battery to the vehicle (that's what the dealer told her at least).

What good this does, I'm not sure (besides making most people come back to the dealer and spend more money).

These days cars are so sophisticated that most things have to be programmed to the vehicle. A good example of this is my mom's BMW. You can't even change the battery on it without programming the new battery to the vehicle (that's what the dealer told her at least).

What good this does, I'm not sure (besides making most people come back to the dealer and spend more money).
That is why BMW's are nicked named, "Break My Wallet", however, I call the dealership statement pure BS. I can go to any parts place that sells a battery and get a battery.