Is it normal to be running around 2500 RPM at 70 MPH?

Widetrack

Hi all, just purchased an '15 wrangler unlimited Rubicon with supposedly stock 3.73 axels, and has stock 17 " tires. Running 2400-2500 rpm at 70. Is this correct. Had an '09 with 18" tires running 1900 at 70. I thought maybe the 5 spd of the'15 would not be higher rpm. Comments? Thanks

Wheel size (17s vs 18s) makes no difference in what you are talking about. Tire size, aka the rubber part does.

Odd that your Rubicon would have 3.73 on it. I was under the impression that the point of the rubicon is some of the bonus stuff you get... for example 4.10 gearing. My 2009 has 4.10, where are you seeing that it has 3.73?

Reactions: Anybodyhome
I was under the same, but been told that the Rubicon with auto comes standard with 3.73 and the 4.10 is an option. The manual comes standard with the 4.10.

Reactions: Vman and mrjp
You should be able to.. provided somebody didn't remove it, look at the tag on the diff cover. crawl down there with a rag as it will probably need to be wiped off to read it.

dana-axle-tag-jpg.jpg

@Chris has a post from a while back with a how to on the subject.

Reactions: Chris
The build sheet for my Rubicon shows 4.10 gears as standard equipment. Yes I do have an automatic.