Tire and Wheel size on a 3" lift.

Acorr87

Hey, so im planning on putting a 3in lift on my wrangler. Opinions on tire size? Currently have 265/70/17. Would they look too small

The 265 tires probably will look small on a 3" lift. If you do put on a 3" lift don't go cheap, make sure the kit has adjustable control arms and adjustable track bars front and rear.

Do you know what gears your JK has? You should have 4.10's at the minimum with 35 inch tires.

Also, when changing tire sizes an important thing to know is that stock wheels won't fit back on with too wide of tires. My (considered 33") 285/70/17 didn't fit with stock. The tires fit on the wheels, but then impacted suspension components. This is a backspacing issue. Don't use spacers to fix this. They put the wrong kind of stress on components and are an extremely dangerous fail point. (source: Good friend owns and operates a tire and brake shops)

17 x 9 wheels are pretty much the standard size for aftermarket wranglers.

Use this to look at what a size does.

I agree with @BLACKJKU. If you limit yourself to a 2.5 lift you can get away with a relocation bracket for the track bar (should come with the kit)

This is mine with teraflex 2.5 lift, 285/70/17 AT, and procomp 17 x 9 wheels. This is the same day I installed it, so it probably has shifted a bit, but not significantly.

Lifted day one.jpg

2.5” lift should be able to fit 35”. We have the AEV on ours and it works great. Nice system and ride. All depends on what you are going to do with it. Different manufactures design their systems a little different depending on use. For us I felt the AEV was a good all around option and fairly priced and has a good reputation.

I have 2018 jk and want to go with a bigger tire like 285/70/r17 on my stock rims . Is it possible
Mine above is a 2009 and I wasn't able to use the stock rims, but I've heard that later years can. For me there was a single suspension component in the rear that got in the way. Left rear tire couldn't even be bolted on, I needed more backspace.

climb under with a flashlight and see how close things are to the rubber, and use the above link for tire size calculating to see if they will fit. If you look around the site, there are all the tools you will need. But you have to go under and make sure the bigger sizes work for your rig with a tape measure.

2.5” lift should be able to fit 35”. We have the AEV on ours and it works great. Nice system and ride. All depends on what you are going to do with it. Different manufactures design their systems a little different depending on use. For us I felt the AEV was a good all around option and fairly priced and has a good reputation.
I recently got the aev dual xt sport. Such a nicer ride now