Ticking noise from 2016 JK

NotToOld

I'm not mechanical - widowed older female loving my Jeep. I've had my JK since 0 miles, it now has 80K. I have religiously had the oil changed and had routine maintenance done at a dealership. Yesterday took it to a dealership for a "ticking noise" tech said it was the right side rocker arm. I have extended warranty, the warranty company wanted proof I had maintained the Jeep. I'm one of the people that keeps receipts so I was able to provide proof of oil changes from day 1 (well really from mileage 3k) When I called warranty company they told me they have been alot of this same problem. Looking this up I found it was a know problem in 2011-2013, nothing on 2016. My concern is they fix one rocker arm, what about the others, is this something I will be having to deal with even after warranty? TIA for any info to take to dealership

Technically speaking, while they are in there doing the work, it would be stupid not to replace all the rocker arms. That being said, if you have to pay for them to replace the others out of pocket, it would be a very, very wise decision on your part, especially in terms of preventative maintenance. It honestly shouldn't cost you that much more to replace the others once they're already in there.

That is exactly what I was thinking, thanks for the feedback.

No problem at all!

Plus this way you would have more maintenance records for the future, should the warranty company ever try to dispute that it's not "maintained".

It's a no brainer if you ask me (y)

Warranty company agreed to replace all the rocker arms on the right side. It sure helps when you have a little knowledge. (y)

Ticking noise is normally not from the rocker arm, you mean taping (clunking) noise?
1579308386883.png