Tailgate locking issues, need help with part number

JFaciane

Okay, here we go again. I've received a lot of help already and I thank you to all who have helped so far!! Another issue, my tailgate door doesn't lock or unlock using the key,. I removed the little grill covering the access panel on the inside of the door and I found the little rod that connects to the device that locks/unlocks the door with the key is broken. The rod connects to the mechanism with a small plastic clip that is broken, so the rod just freely floats around in my tailgate. I need help locating the part number for the plastic clip so I can replace it. I went to a parts store and bought their after market replacement and it's worthless. I also looked up a diagram of the tailgate and what do you know, it shows every part except the plastic clip I need. lol. Any help is much appreciated. I'll keep searching in the mean time. EDIT: Picture added for clarification.
82579C0A-400B-4489-AE68-D2935AEE5C94.jpeg

Last edited:
Give this Site a try
I think I found what I'm looking for, thank you!! Okay, what the foxtrot? Shipping for a plastic piece cost more than the actual part I'm ordering? Thats so dumb, I won't support that. I'd rather keep it like it is and rig something up instead of doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp