Swapping a 430N into a non 430N equipped 2017 Sahara

efurlong

Hello All, I'm in the process of (trying) to purchase a late model JK. I found one that's almost perfect for me. It has everything I want (including the Alpine option)...but no 430n radio. I realize there are much better navs and radios available, but I like factory.
Is it possible to "plug and play" a 430n into the existing wiring harness in a 2017 JK that was not originally equipped with one? Does the nav require an antenna? Thanks in advance.

Just did some additional research...it's not worth doing this swap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: theRealCrazy
I have an 08 JK and I installed a 2015 730n from a Jeep Grand Cherokee in it without any issues. I updated the nav maps, software version and gracenotes as well. It works great all plug in play.

Reactions: Chris
I forgot to mention my 08 jk only had a Sirius antenna so I bought a used antenna off ebay with dual Sirius and nav and only had to swap out the end above the sound bar.

Reactions: Chris
It will plug-and-play, yes. However, it's garbage head unit, believe me when I say that ;)

Not sure about the nav if it requires an antenna. I don't believe so though. Someone on here did it, so I hope they chime in.

I personally think that head unit belongs in the trash though.

If you want something good, go with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RF971JK/?tag=jkforum-20
I just bought a 2018 JK Wrangler Sport Unlimited. The original sticker says it has a Radio 430 with Sat., The one in it is a Kenwood and is super old tech. Is the the 430? What can it be replaced with that is functional with steering wheel buttons and with Bluetooth and Sat.

I just bought a 2018 JK Wrangler Sport Unlimited. The original sticker says it has a Radio 430 with Sat., The one in it is a Kenwood and is super old tech. Is the the 430? What can it be replaced with that is functional with steering wheel buttons and with Bluetooth and Sat.

Nope, that's definitely not the 430.

If you want to make the steering wheel buttons and everything else work, you'll need the adapters that Crutchfield sells.