Steering seems loose at highway speeds after Mopar lift install

JMTurner

So I have just recently installed a 2 inch mopar lift kit to my 2018 JK 2 door. It included a new front drive shaft, cam bolts, Fox shocks, rear track bar relocation bracket, and extended sway bar links. I have 295/60/20 tires mounted. I understand that it is going to ride differently but it’s a little more rough than I imagined and the steering is loose at highway speeds. Is there anything I can do to get the ride smoother?

Since you have a rear track bar bracket that means no adjustable track bar to center the axle in the body? Also the tire pressure will have a effect on how it handles on the road. Have you checked to see if the front axle is centered in the body?

Since you have a rear track bar bracket that means no adjustable track bar to center the axle in the body? Also the tire pressure will have a effect on how it handles on the road. Have you checked to see if the front axle is centered in the body?
You are absolutely right it is shifted more so to the driver side. The stock track bar cannot be maneuvered or anything to fix it? I just figured with a complete mopar lift, it would center it. If I need an aftermarket adjustable one, then I have no problem with that. What about geometry correction brackets instead of cam bolts, will that help as well? My PSI is 36, which this is my first lifted Jeep so I wouldn’t know what normal is to ride.

Even with the stock suspension you should have adjustable track bars in front and rear, as springs age they can loose there lift. Just my opinion but with any lift you should have adjustable control arms in the front to be able to get your alignment to specs. As far as tire pressures you'll have to play with the PSI to get the ride you want.

Reactions: Chris
Run your tire pressure around 26-28 psi, anything higher is too much.

In addition, if you are running an E rated tire, that is a huge mistake, as those are meant for trucks, which are much heavier than our Jeeps.

When you say the steering is loose, the first thing I think of is getting the caster and alignment numbers checked, which should be done after installing a lift anyways.