Starter replacement suggestions

TROY66/68

Winter
Lifetime Supporting Member
Going to replace my starter before it fails (preventive maintenance). Mopar no longer available in North America, dealership pointed me towards after market. Was looking at a new, not refurbished Ac Dellco 3371141 from RockAuto. Any thoughts. NapaCan starters are insanely priced here, and I have to give them my core, which I tend to refurbish myself for an emergency.

Going to replace my starter before it fails (preventive maintenance). Mopar no longer available in North America, dealership pointed me towards after market. Was looking at a new, not refurbished Ac Dellco 3371141 from RockAuto. Any thoughts. NapaCan starters are insanely priced here, and I have to give them my core, which I tend to refurbish myself for an emergency.

Starters now days last alot longer then they used to don't see why you would want to replace it if it could last alot longer. Engines in the older vehicles used to have to crank over more times to start then the newer computer controlled engines.

Reactions: TROY66/68
How many miles on this one? I mean, yeah, you can get one for between $160-250, but unless you really need it, why?

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Keep in mind you can also take your OE Mopar starter to a place that rebuilds them. I had that done on mine and they had it done the same day.

Reactions: TROY66/68
41k miles. Why you may ask. Because I am Anal, And I replace parts before they fail ( learned that in Aerospace repair & overhaul ). Just had my Foxwell 205 test it .76s cranking normal. THXS for all the advice. Going to pull it next spring when my BRZ is back on the road, and rebuild it if need be. We have Auto Club, and then there is always the old school starting method ( been there done that ). Why I like sticks for the last 45yrs.

41k miles. Why you may ask. Because I am Anal, And I replace parts before they fail ( learned that in Aerospace repair & overhaul ). Just had my Foxwell 205 test it .76s cranking normal. THXS for all the advice. Going to pull it next spring when my BRZ is back on the road, and rebuild it if need be. We have Auto Club, and then there is always the old school starting method ( been there done that ). Why I like sticks for the last 45yrs.

I can understand what your saying but your not driving a airplane, if it doesn't start it won't fall from the sky.

But I would rather have another forced landing, like when I was a pilot. Then deal with my spouse stuck at work when her shift ends at 2330HRS. LOL.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
But I would rather have another forced landing, like when I was a pilot. Then deal with my spouse stuck at work when her shift ends at 2330HRS. LOL.
Come on man you know you want to join the “Run to failure” club. One of us! One of us! Lol

Your right 71> Back in the day I would Pilot my rental Cessna 152 so low into the sugar maples, to make the landing gear wheels spin. Good and (stupidity ) times.