Spare tire mount suggestions

Jovan G

I got a -44 offset wheel and it gives me a 5-6” gap between the tire and rear door, which i am not a fan of. I already have an HD Oversized Tire Carrier which adapts to the oem tire carrier. Anybody know of a different adaptable mount i can use that’ll bring my spare tire closer to the rear door and close that gap??
FC62EFB9-46F5-49BB-B4AC-204AAF893390.jpeg

6C6FEC19-90AD-4BFD-ABD6-33A008230A6C.jpeg

Unfortunately those are extenders and would push them out further which is what i would want to avoid.

What does it look like if you was to flip your wheel around and bolt it up? Then put a tire cover on the tire so you don't see the inside of the wheel.

What does it look like if you was to flip your wheel around and bolt it up? Then put a tire cover on the tire so you don't see the inside of the wheel.
Im sure that would work but i dont think i want to hide my tire under a cover. But i think ive already found the solution.

I got a -44 offset wheel and it gives me a 5-6” gap between the tire and rear door, which i am not a fan of. I already have an HD Oversized Tire Carrier which adapts to the oem tire carrier. Anybody know of a different adaptable mount i can use that’ll bring my spare tire closer to the rear door and close that gap?? View attachment 115800

View attachment 115799
If anyone is having this same problem then i think i might have found the solution. Both teraflex and mopar make an adjustable mount that replaces the stock mount. It has the option to either extend the tire further out or brings it in closer to the door. I will be purchasing one of these soon and will post the results.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Just installed the Mopar adjustable mount. It pushed my tire back about 4”. Problem fixed.
937CD7D4-82C0-495C-A81B-C2047439C035.jpeg
09C9F12C-03F4-4661-B9FF-3B2F1D958384.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Speaking of spare tires I can remove mine with a battery powered impact wrench in about 20 seconds or less and you can your do yours also that fast and a thief can do it in a parking lot or where ever you can't watch your vehicle the same way. A locking lug nut fixes that.....just sayin.

I had three and no key. Hour and a half later I finally got them off and replaced with non-locks but you make a good point. I only have stock rims but if I had expensive rims/tires then a lock would be a good idea