Soldier233rd 2013 Rubicon Build

Soldier233rd

Hello I am hoping for a little insight. Have a 2013 Rubicon which I believe has a 2inch AEV spacer lift, it also has 5100 Bilsten shocks and if not mistaken also has new bumpstops also. It is currently riding on 255/75R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T on stock wheels.

It is my DD but bought it for the added benefit of hitting the trails as much as possible. Not sure what kind of trails will be encountered here in WV but want to keep it a good balance build if that makes sense.

I am thinking 35's would be the tire size I am looking for, maybe step up to 37's but not sure. Will also add winch and front and rear bumpers and a swing out spare carrier, looking at changing to flat 7inch fenders.

Which lift should I be looking at 2.5 or larger? I would like to find a complete lift kit that will address any issues that come with lifting. I understand that I will need to pick up new wheels with the correct offset as well, 4.5 if I understand correctly.

My wallet is not deep, so this will have to happen in stages / as I save for the big ticket items.
Already have light bar and two cube lights off the TJ. so picked up new mounts. Picked up multi light controller from Rough Country. Thinking next would be front bumper and winch so I can hit the trails as soon as possible.

Ideas - Input - Comments - Suggestions -

Cross posted for as much help as possible.

Edited because I did forget to mention it is manual with 4:10 gears
and to add couple more pictures

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:
It's hard to really see your lift unless you give us a side view picture. But i'd almost bet with the flat top fenders you wouldn't need anymore lift for 35's.

Another thing to remember when changing tire sizes you have to recalibrate your speedometer for the tire size.

And one more thing depending what gears you have in your Jeep you may have to do a gear change.

The more you do the more money it costs.

It's hard to really see your lift unless you give us a side view picture. But i'd almost bet with the flat top fenders you wouldn't need anymore lift for 35's.

Another thing to remember when changing tire sizes you have to recalibrate your speedometer for the tire size.

And one more thing depending what gears you have in your Jeep you may have to do a gear change.

The more you do the more money it costs.
Correct I see a seep recal. in the near future. Also I edited the post to add current gearing and more photos.

Correct I see a seep recal. in the near future. Also I edited the post to add current gearing and more photos.

35's will fit with no problem with flattop fenders and as long as your not doing rock crawling or steep grades your 4.10 should do ok.

Since your going to be doing more to your Jeep you want me to move this to Members builds so you can just keep adding to this?

35's will fit with no problem with flattop fenders and as long as your not doing rock crawling or steep grades your 4.10 should do ok.

Since your going to be doing more to your Jeep you want me to move this to Members builds so you can just keep adding to this?
Sure why not and thanks.