Smittybilt X2O generation 2 winch won’t work

Frankhc0708

I went to re-tension my winch after a self recovery. I free spooled the line out, but when I went to reel it in nothing happened. On the remote the light for wireless mode comes on, but if I turn on the wireless switch nothing happens. If I plug in the remote directly nothing happens and the light on the remote for wired does not go on. There are no bumps or clicks if I try the remote. I also made sure it was plugged in correctly, checked the connections, but nothing looks out of place. I also did not wire the winch so I’m not exactly sure what I should be looking for. I’m planning on calling smittybuilt tomorrow but I’m curious if you guys have anyone idea what the problem could be.

That switch is known for having issues / going bad. I'll bet it's the switch that failed, as I've heard of this before.

Just installed Smittybilt X20 winch. Had winch in place but was not ready to spool the rope so I tighten the screw on the trim that the end will be attached so it would not shake loose. Today I installed rope and when I went to attach the end of the rope to the drum I found that the screw had been sheared off inside the drum. There must be very little clearance. Found another screw and was careful about its length. No problem. Wondering what problem sheared end of first screw will cause floating around