Show me your Pioneer Platform chase and perimeter light setup

Jermbob28

JK Enthusiast
I want to do some smaller amber chase lights and white led perimeter lighting on my rhino rack that has the low profile legs. I was hoping if you had anything similar to that description you could upload some pictures of your setup for ideas. I appreciate it!

Have you seen this Trail Recon video? I know this isn't mounted to the rhino rack, but when you mentioned "smaller amber chase lights" its the first thing that came to mind. He added some amber lights to the back of his Jeep. Skip to the 10:00 minute mark if you want to go straight to the subject matter. I can see me doing this in the future.

Have you seen this Trail Recon video? I know this isn't mounted to the rhino rack, but when you mentioned "smaller amber chase lights" its the first thing that came to mind. He added some amber lights to the back of his Jeep. Skip to the 10:00 minute mark if you want to go straight to the subject matter. I can see me doing this in the future.

You know what, I had in the past haha. I forgot about it though. Not a bad option. I’ll never take the rack off though so I think I try and find some 1x2” light and figure a way to mount them on the underside of the rack between the rack and hard top. Made drill and grommet the hardtop for the electrical. Not the biggest fan of that though.

I want to do some smaller amber chase lights and white led perimeter lighting on my rhino rack that has the low profile legs. I was hoping if you had anything similar to that description you could upload some pictures of your setup for ideas. I appreciate it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=rhi...Ha7-BcUQ_AUoAnoECAIQAg&biw=1024&bih=659&dpr=2

Was going to post some pics from the above link . There are a ton of diff ideas in
the link .Just start scrolling down . Hope this helps

Trail Recon was one of the first off road utube channels I used to watch .
I get he's into overlanding and does some cool trails etc. But all the videos
at camp, cooking, sitting around the fire. Gets kinda boring as a viewer IMHO.

AD2795AD-8676-4008-BE18-F5BD4E6E30AF.jpeg

Thank you. This is kind of what I was invisioning. I wonder how much the side lights illuminate the surroundings. I really would like them for trying to find a place to setup up camp when I arrive in the dark. Instead of getting out with a flashlight and trying to figure it out haha, yes I know that sounds lazy. Also would like more light for backing up in pitch dark places. I have plenty of front facing lighting and rock lighting but would like the light up the sides and the rear.

Hopefully

How much they light things up is your choice.
I put THESE bumpers on our Jeeps. The rear cube lights are tied to the OEM backup lights on her Jeep. On mine, they're switched. They're pretty good for backing up, but not so bright that you're going to get shot.
I put a pair of THESE on my wife's Jeep. They put out about 3600 lumens. I have one of THESE mounted on the top rear of mine. Puts out about 23,000 lumens. It wouldn't be any more difficult to mount them facing sideways. Or to mount them on a roof rack. They're switched, obviously.

View attachment 122376

Thank you. This is kind of what I was invisioning. I wonder how much the side lights illuminate the surroundings. I really would like them for trying to find a place to setup up camp when I arrive in the dark. Instead of getting out with a flashlight and trying to figure it out haha, yes I know that sounds lazy. Also would like more light for backing up in pitch dark places. I have plenty of front facing lighting and rock lighting but would like the light up the sides and the rear.

Hopefully

No problem . The one in the pic you posted looks good . A couple on each side and two at the back mounted to your rack I would think would light things up well at camp .
As far as brightness goes the higher the lumens the brighter it would be .
I would just be a bit careful and find something middle of the pack kinda thing . As at night setting up camp or lounging around , don’t want to blind yourself every time you look in the general direction of the Jeep .
No where near the brightness of a light bar . The brightness of your average headlight I imagine would be perfect .

Reactions: Dirty Dog