Shift Stick. Boot Upgrade

GarDen Express

I ride a 2015 JK with manual transmission. I would like to replace the actual shift stick dust boot with an "old style" rubber accordion one like what is in a 2007-2010 JK. Any idea where to find a "plug and play" boot or how to adapt one. Thx!

I ride a 2015 JK with manual transmission. I would like to replace the actual shift stick dust boot with an "old style" rubber accordion one like what is in a 2007-2010 JK. Any idea where to find a "plug and play" boot or how to adapt one. Thx!
Ahhhh. Why? J/k... To each his own, especially in a Jeep. I actually have an 07 with the accordion rubber boot and I'm not the fondest of it, due to the resistance it has on shifting. I was actually looking at leather shift boots (Redline) to swap mine out.

Our bezels are totally different shapes, which won't work. Mine is a big oval and yours is a square. I wonder if you can fit one, say from a TY or YJ? I bet if you get dimensions, get one that's slightly bigger and you can trim to make it work and secure it right.

Thanks for your reply 72c10.
I guess that fits right in the human nature category: "Wanting what we don't have." 🙂
I do appreciate your comment about the resistance you are experiencing with a rubber boot. Relevant point to consider.

Reactions: 72c10
Thanks for your reply 72c10.
I guess that fits right in the human nature category: "Wanting what we don't have." 🙂
I do appreciate your comment about the resistance you are experiencing with a rubber boot. Relevant point to consider.
That's a good point about wanting what we don't have, which goes along with me always trying to make things better that I could prob live with. I DID swap out my shift shaft/stick and knob recently to one from updated JKs (2017) that seemed to have a better isolator where it bolts in and a brand in the shaft that made it more ergonomic. I have to say, it might be in my head, but my Jeep used to pop out of 3rd gear a lot before I did that swap and upgraded to 4.56 gears. Weird.

Out of curiosity, is there anything functional you don't like about the leather shift boot? Maybe I'll just leave mine be then.