Rear Camera wire routing

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
I'm neck deep into the installation of a rearward facing camera, and while I can certainly review the instructions provided as well as make my own choice, I'm curious if others decided to run the camera wiring through the tailgate vent (as instructed), or if they bundled it along with the 3rd brake light wires in the grommet closer to the handle.
I'm trying to make things clean and I hate mismanaged or poorly routed wiring.

That's pretty much how I ran mine. I am running a second camera for the rear view mirror and it works great. I have been thinking about installing a front camera for off road use and using a switch to trigger it.

That's pretty much how I ran mine. I am running a second camera for the rear view mirror and it works great. I have been thinking about installing a front camera for off road use and using a switch to trigger it.
I picked up an inexpensive, waterproof camera to play around with for a the front now that I have a receiver that will accept dual camera inputs.
1658975299646.png

Now I am trying to figure out a decent location to mount it.
I figured that one of these locations might be decent, but figured I would ask others about their results before I start drilling holes that I can't un-drill.

Which of these locations do you think might be more useful or provide a better image?
Is there another location/view I'm not considering that's better?
1658975495441.png

For the 2 upper options, I'm considering mounting it behind the mesh screen with just a hole drilled/cut out for the lens to be unobstructed.
Mounting it below the bumper would make the camera more vulnerable to damage, etc. so I am not leaning that way at this time.

Reactions: mrjp