Programming a radio from a different year JKU

dgard1

Looking for guidance. Trying to install a 2015 RHR radio (2 DIN with NAV) into a 2104 JKU that did not have a NAV equipped radio installed. Been told, yes this will work and no it will not because my 2014 JKU PCM was not programmed for the NAV feature within the radio from th factory. Also trying to to activate rear camera video interface with the new RHR radio to be installed. Does anyone have wisdom to share? Is there an after-market device that I can insert onto the OBD port and make these changes? Any help is appreciated. Regards, dgard1

OK...yeah...I'm replying to my thread....I should have researched the forum a bit more first, my bad. General opinion is to go the aftermarket route. Better NAV, more options...
going that route. I was looking to keep my costs down as I located a great deal on a RHR radio. Will start looking for an aftermarket radio that has rear camera hookup, built in NAV, BlueTooth, USB connections, built in EQ, plays CDs (although not having this is not a deal breaker)...not too picky am I...LOL ! I welcome suggestions.

If you're upgrading a radio, going aftermarket is definitely better. There's so many good choices, from Alpine to Kenwood and others, some with restyle kits that fit flush and look great, too. If you already had the NAV, it's not always worth upgrading.

Reactions: mrjp and Chris