Play in steering after installing 6 lift on 2010 Jeep Wrangler

Dneal1996

Installed lift an 35s now I have a crap ton of slack

AA84E17B-76DB-4F58-8DD3-0889E44457B3.jpg

Need more info than that, high of a lift, Brand name, was it a complete kit or just springs, was a alignment done?

Reactions: mrjp
6 Lift done at shop alignment done at shop right after lift got drop pit man arm geometry brackets for controls arms adjustable track bar

Have you checked to see if the play is in your steering gearbox? Maybe give us some pictures of the lift.

Have someone looking underneath in the front while you turn the wheel back and forth. If nothing is moving then it is likely your steering box. If it’s something else you should be able to tell.

A 6" lift was your first mistake, that's for sure.

Those geometry brackets aren't going to work with a 6" lift. You're going to need a full set of adjustable control arms, likely a new steering setup, etc.

6 Lift done at shop alignment done at shop right after lift got drop pit man arm geometry brackets for controls arms adjustable track bar
If the shop installed a 6" lift for you and didn't have the knowledge or sense to tell you the geometry brackets wouldn't work, I'd be beside myself beyond pissed.
Did you purchase the lift from this shop or did you go out and buy all the parts you thought were necessary and paid the shop to install them? Either way, someone should have stopped you along the way and explained that geo brackets won't work on a 6" lift.

I know it may cost a little more and may take a little longer than you'd like, but sometimes a good off-road shop is well worth that time and money to get it right without you dropping some serious cash into stuff that won't work, you don't need or can't use.

Reactions: JFaciane and mrjp
If the shop installed a 6" lift for you and didn't have the knowledge or sense to tell you the geometry brackets wouldn't work, I'd be beside myself beyond pissed.
Did you purchase the lift from this shop or did you go out and buy all the parts you thought were necessary and paid the shop to install them? Either way, someone should have stopped you along the way and explained that geo brackets won't work on a 6" lift.

I know it may cost a little more and may take a little longer than you'd like, but sometimes a good off-road shop is well worth that time and money to get it right without you dropping some serious cash into stuff that won't work, you don't need or can't use.
What Master Chief said, hoorah!! This happened to me, I took my 3.5" lift with 35s to a shop that was supposed to know what was up. Well when I got my Jeep back, the steering wheel was like the OPs in the pic and I was pissed at the dude. I yelled at him telling him I expected him to do everything that was needed to be done, not for me to take it somewhere else to fix his screwed up shoddy work.

Reactions: mrjp