Pixel/bluetooth issues

Riggins

Hi everyone! I just purchased my first Jeep, a 2016 sport unlimited and it came with what I’m assuming is an aftermarket radio display since it doesn’t say it on the original window sticker? But I’m new to Jeeps so I’m not sure if it was a factory upgrade or not. It’s a uconnect display, 8.4 I’m thinking? I cannot get my Pixel 5 android phone to recognize it to pair, at first I thought it was the radio, but I tried my Samsung Galaxy note 10 and that worked immediately. I’ve seen people recommend changing the developer options for Bluetooth connections, that didn’t work (I’m away for the weekend so I’ll have to try again on Monday). When I open bluetooth settings in my phone, Uconnect does not appear at all. It worked immediately for the Samsung phone though.

I’m thinking of getting a backup camera anyway so I’m not sure how much trouble this is worth but it’s super frustrating that I can’t get my phone connected.

Also, while I’m here lol, can someone give me a Jeep radios for dummies primer course? I see posts talking about connecting it via USB to use Android Auto… I haven’t tried that yet, I don’t want to have to plug my phone in every time I get in the car, so I’d rather have the display with Android Auto but if that’s a temporary fix I’m willing to try it.

Thirdly, that radio is kind of dated technology wise, has anyone upgraded and if so, recommendations? I looked at the JVC and Pioneer ones that Best Buy sells.

And lastly, and I feel like an idiot for asking this lol, when I shift into low (automatic transmission) going down a hill or anything, how do I shift back to drive? I don’t know if there’s a trick to the movement but I can’t get up from 4 back into D without going into Neutral first and I’m feeling very stupid lol. (Not 4H/L etc, actual low gear).

Thanks and happy to have my first Wrangler!!

Hi everyone! I just purchased my first Jeep, a 2016 sport unlimited and it came with what I’m assuming is an aftermarket radio display since it doesn’t say it on the original window sticker? But I’m new to Jeeps so I’m not sure if it was a factory upgrade or not. It’s a uconnect display, 8.4 I’m thinking? I cannot get my Pixel 5 android phone to recognize it to pair, at first I thought it was the radio, but I tried my Samsung Galaxy note 10 and that worked immediately. I’ve seen people recommend changing the developer options for Bluetooth connections, that didn’t work (I’m away for the weekend so I’ll have to try again on Monday). When I open bluetooth settings in my phone, Uconnect does not appear at all. It worked immediately for the Samsung phone though.

I’m thinking of getting a backup camera anyway so I’m not sure how much trouble this is worth but it’s super frustrating that I can’t get my phone connected.

Also, while I’m here lol, can someone give me a Jeep radios for dummies primer course? I see posts talking about connecting it via USB to use Android Auto… I haven’t tried that yet, I don’t want to have to plug my phone in every time I get in the car, so I’d rather have the display with Android Auto but if that’s a temporary fix I’m willing to try it.

Thirdly, that radio is kind of dated technology wise, has anyone upgraded and if so, recommendations? I looked at the JVC and Pioneer ones that Best Buy sells.

And lastly, and I feel like an idiot for asking this lol, when I shift into low (automatic transmission) going down a hill or anything, how do I shift back to drive? I don’t know if there’s a trick to the movement but I can’t get up from 4 back into D without going into Neutral first and I’m feeling very stupid lol. (Not 4H/L etc, actual low gear).

Thanks and happy to have my first Wrangler!!

The only part I might be able to help with is the last question if i'm reading your question right. Your talking about putting the transmission into 1st gear or the transfercase into 4 low and having trouble?

The only part I might be able to help with is the last question if i'm reading your question right. Your talking about putting the transmission into 1st gear or the transfercase into 4 low and having trouble?
First gear… (my dad always called it low so that’s what I call it… quirks lol), it downshifts fine into the lower gears, I’m not with my Jeep right now but I believe it’s just a light push on the shift knob to the… left, like towards the driver. But I while I can go back up (1, 2, 3, 4) I can’t get back into Drive from there and if I push harder I wind up in Neutral and have to come back down. I noticed it on one I test drove too so I’m pretty sure it’s user error.

First gear… (my dad always called it low so that’s what I call it… quirks lol), it downshifts fine into the lower gears, I’m not with my Jeep right now but I believe it’s just a light push on the shift knob to the… left, like towards the driver. But I while I can go back up (1, 2, 3, 4) I can’t get back into Drive from there and if I push harder I wind up in Neutral and have to come back down. I noticed it on one I test drove too so I’m pretty sure it’s user error.

Well I guess I can't help you then my JKU is a manual and never drove a JK with a Auto trans. But maybe someone will better understand your question now.

Well I guess I can't help you then my JKU is a manual and never drove a JK with a Auto trans. But maybe someone will better understand your question now.
Ha no problem, yes thanks for making me clarify!! I was thinking I know I’m not describing it well!

No problem I have those brain lapses sometimes, I think mine might be from old age.
Hahaha same!

I THINK I figured it out with the help of YouTube, looks like you hold it to the right whereas I was tapping it.
My Chevy Equinox has buttons on the shifter so you just tap up and down. Like I said, not home to try but the fact that someone commented that they were going into neutral too makes me think that’s what it is! (User error lol)

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Hahaha same!

I THINK I figured it out with the help of YouTube, looks like you hold it to the right whereas I was tapping it.
My Chevy Equinox has buttons on the shifter so you just tap up and down. Like I said, not home to try but the fact that someone commented that they were going into neutral too makes me think that’s what it is! (User error lol)

Looks like we solved that part of your question, there will be others that can help you with the rest of your question.