Phantom drivability problem

Kentuckyjeeper93

I’m I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. Purchased 3 months ago. When purchased cats had been cut and vehicle straight piped and one O2 sensor broke. I replaced cats, replaced egr valve. Vehicle will run and drive but when at a quarter tank of fuel or less it acts like it’s starving for gas or if you drive at highway speeds for any time over 15 to 20 minutes it acts like it’s starving for gas and just bogs out when accelerating. It also feels like to me it’s lacking power all the time. The cats and ERG didn’t fix it.
I took it back they dropped the tank, found a piece of cloth and removed it but didn’t flush the lines and they said it did fine. I picked it up and it messed up as normal for me and I took it back. They said they can’t test fuel pressure. Has anyone ever had this problem, I’m getting ready to have them put a fuel pump in. Any other advice would be awesome.
Also through out all this it’s averaging 6mpg on stock size tires and no lift

I’m I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. Purchased 3 months ago. When purchased cats had been cut and vehicle straight piped and one O2 sensor broke. I replaced cats, replaced egr valve. Vehicle will run and drive but when at a quarter tank of fuel or less it acts like it’s starving for gas or if you drive at highway speeds for any time over 15 to 20 minutes it acts like it’s starving for gas and just bogs out when accelerating. It also feels like to me it’s lacking power all the time. The cats and ERG didn’t fix it.
I took it back they dropped the tank, found a piece of cloth and removed it but didn’t flush the lines and they said it did fine. I picked it up and it messed up as normal for me and I took it back. They said they can’t test fuel pressure. Has anyone ever had this problem, I’m getting ready to have them put a fuel pump in. Any other advice would be awesome.
Also through out all this it’s averaging 6mpg on stock size tires and no lift
You don't mention your jeep is throwing any codes or not. But even if it isn't, you might want to check the EVAP system, the fuel pump, and perhaps the various vacuum lines. Also, in the tank IIRC, the actual intake can get cranky and if, as you say, cloth was found in the tank, you might also want to check whether your fuel cap is fitting properly. There are several systems that all have to play nicely together.

Reactions: BigAL07