Passenger Floor Coolant

tracyclifton

2011 JKU Rubicon. Hard top/auto. I didn't see a similar problem using the search engine. I found my front passenger carpet is soaked in coolant. I pulled the carpet and it was clearly coolant. I pulled the glove box and inspected all under the dash. I couldn't find any sign of coolant around the heater core or anything. No visible signs of coolant running down into the floor. I'm keeping the carpet out to see if I can tell what is going on. Has anyone seen this before? If so where should I concentrate my leak search? I have had to add a coolant lately so I assume it is indeed a leak into the cab. Thanks for the help.

It's either the heater core or the clamp is loose on the core's tube and it's spraying in around the tube, no other way for coolant to come in the cab.

Reactions: Danarch and BigAL07
So after 2 days with the carpet out, there is no leak anywhere. No a drop of anything in the floor pan or anywhere under the dash that I can see. I've had the Jeep for 17 months. Is it possible the floor was full when I bought it and it has just been there? I don't think so. I'm going to continue to monitor it with the carpet out and see what happens.

No. I added some coolant a while back. I check it after it sits overnight and it is up to the line I have on the overflow. It has been a little cool the last 2 days so I've been running it in defrost with the temp all the way up. It may take more driving to see something.

8bzRUvBpNBEmkMLe6fOKTQBY=w469-h625-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
After 3 days of driving it finally showed up. Appears to be coming from the crimp where the tube connects to the heater core.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
So I decided to try to fix it with JBWeld since I had some in the toolbox. I cleaned and covered that whole crimp joint really well and let it dry for 24 hours. It has been over 2 weeks and 600+ miles and I don't see a drop of coolant yet. I have a little catch pan under the joint with a sponge in it and it has remained bone dry. No coolant under the carpet on either side. If this holds up until winter I'll be happy.

Reactions: Danarch and JerryD