P0501 code on 2012+ JK

Jmcgee2404

When the transmission won't shift out of first and the abs light is on. The p0501 code is the transmission/vehicle speed sensor. If the abs light is on it's most likely the abs causing this. I just spent 800 bucks replacing the trans/vehicle sensor just to find out it's the wheel sensors causing my problem.

• Wow
  • Face Palm
Reactions: Javy and Chris
That's sucks! That is one of the very few situations that a jeep shop will save you some money.

Last edited:
When the transmission won't shift out of first and the abs light is on. The p0501 code is the transmission/vehicle speed sensor. If the abs light is on it's most likely the abs causing this. I just spent 800 bucks replacing the trans/vehicle sensor just to find out it's the wheel sensors causing my problem.
Thank you for the information. I had the same problem as you. I replaced the right front ABS sensor and now the transmission shifts again.

me acaba de pasar lo mismo , mi jeep 2014 no pasaba de primera mi trasmisión no estaba funcionando bien , el escaner arrojo codigo p0501 y testigo abs encenido , despues de revisar varias cosas, resulto ser el conector trasero del abs , estaba quebrado. se reemplazo y asunto resuelto. gracias a tu experiencia me ahorre demasiado dinero.