P0349

r450rr2004

2015 Wrangler Rubicon
Like the title says.... it began with the drivers side tick... so I took it upon myself to fix that problem. I changed out the rockers/lifters on drivers side, all went well, or so I thought. Put jeep back together and immediately blew the code P0349... anyways flash forward about 3 weeks later and a trip to the dealship.. jeep still has code. Dealership took valve cover off and looked and said it had to be a wiring issue...

Things I have tried. (That hasn't worked)

1.new sensor (also swapped sensor with passenger side)

2.changed battery

3.swapped cam phaser solenoids from passenger side

4. Bought new sensor plug and wired it in

5. Tested voltage 5 volts besides ground 3 out of 4 of the terminals.

6.took valve cover off..and plugs out of passenger side had someone crank motor. Everything looked fine (nothing out of the ordinary) everything was being oiled..

oil pressure is still good... jeep purrs like a kitten. But limp mode is killing me... I get the engine light and the traction control light.

I guess my question would be, what should I try next? If the sensor has voltage is there a splice anywhere that the PCM might not be getting the correct voltage? Or if I'm getting 5 volts the PCM has to be getting correct voltage... i guess I need a wiring diagram...

BTW dealer was helpless. Charged me for nothing basically.

BTW thanks for any help that may lead to me fixing this thing. I normally just read forums, never post. I've owned alot of jeeps over the years, and still have a bunch. But this has me depressed..never have I had such trouble.

First thing to do if electrical problems is to clean battery clamps and cable ends, and any grounds you can find.

Use EOM parts whenever replacing electrical parts.

From what i've read it can be a problem with the wiring, something about the way the harness is routed.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
2015 Wrangler Rubicon
Like the title says.... it began with the drivers side tick... so I took it upon myself to fix that problem. I changed out the rockers/lifters on drivers side, all went well, or so I thought. Put jeep back together and immediately blew the code P0349... anyways flash forward about 3 weeks later and a trip to the dealship.. jeep still has code. Dealership took valve cover off and looked and said it had to be a wiring issue...

2.changed battery

6.took valve cover off..and plugs out of passenger side had someone crank motor. Everything looked fine (nothing out of the ordinary) everything was being oiled..

oil pressure is still good... jeep purrs like a kitten. But limp mode is killing me... I get the engine light and the traction control light.

I guess my question would be, what should I try next? If the sensor has voltage is there a splice anywhere that the PCM might not be getting the correct voltage? Or if I'm getting 5 volts the PCM has to be getting correct voltage... i guess I need a wiring diagram...

BTW thanks for any help that may lead to me fixing this thing. I normally just read forums, never post. I've owned alot of jeeps over the years, and still have a bunch. But this has me depressed..never have I had such trouble.
Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue. Just did the same thing to mine and same exact issue.

2015 Wrangler Rubicon

2.changed battery

Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue. Just did the same thing to mine and same exact issue.