Oregon Off-Road Community

Grandjeepster01

I'm sure almost nobody has heard anything of it, unless you watch the local news in the PNW, and even then I'm not sure how much coverage they got outside of the Columbia Basin. But here in Eastern Oregon we have had some major problems over the last few weeks with flash flooding from snow melt. We have had roads destroyed, neighborhoods flooded, houses swept away in flood waters, whatever you can image has happened. Sad to say we have had at least one death from it as well. Some of the first people I've seen jump into action in this time of emergency has been the off-road community, and I wanted to give a shout out to a couple specific groups, that you may want to look up in you're in the Oregon/Washington areas. We have Oregon Offroad Recovery (http://oregonoffroadrecovery.com/), they also now have a Washington chapter. These guys are mostly based out of the western side of the state, but they organized donation drop-off points and even delivered emergency supplies and food from the Portland area all the way out to east side (3-4 hour drive one way) and spent a couple days here helping the local chapter of the group. The local chapter Oregon Offroad Recovery Eastern, along with a group called Tollgate Offroad & Recovery Club (check them out on Facebook for pics and videos of their work) have spent countless hours and dollars rescuing people, delivering supplies, and helping in anyway they can. The flood waters have receded, for now, and they are still hard at work organizing clean-up efforts and helping everything they can. Anyways, I just wanted to spread the word about the great things the off-road community can and will do to help people in need. As long as I've been around the off-road community it never ceases to amaze me at the lengths they will go to so they can help complete strangers. I'm at work right now, but if I get a chance when I get home I'll try to add some pictures of what we have been dealing with around here. Until then, a lot of stuff has been documented on the Tollgate Offroad & Recovery Club's facebook, that is open to the public if you want to check it out, maybe throw some shares at likes their way.

It's great to hear this! It always brings a smile to my face when I see people in the off-road community helping out. Not only is this a good way to practice your off-road / recovery skills, but it's also a way to give back to the community and help others, potentially saving them a massive towing / recovery bill.