Looking for tire size suggestions for a JK with no lift

Bloodthirsty

Not new to Jeeps, wheeled a 03 TJ for 15 years before selling it. Just picked up a 2017 Willy's edition yesterday. This jeep will be wheeled but I'll hit the occasional service road/creek.

I'm looking at 295/70r17 AT's(BFG or toyo) with a 1" wheel spacer. What are some thoughts on this size with no lift?

Also since I'm used to TJ's what is the process to correct the speedo on the larger tires?

Thanks and I'm glad I'm back in a Jeep!
willy's.jpg

Welcome aboard.
Nice rig you got there!
You can run 33" max. (35" if just for the looks and no trail ride) I like BFG and you do not need to recalibrate your speedo (I think it's not necessary in size 33")

Welcome aboard.
Nice rig you got there!
You can run 33" max. (35" if just for the looks and no trail ride) I like BFG and you do not need to recalibrate your speedo (I think it's not necessary in size 33")

Thanks. My goal is to maintain stock driveability. I'm assuming I'll notice very little if any difference by stepping up to the 295...?

I wheeled for years and my TJ just wasn't fun to drive on road. The last thing I want to do with this one is mess with driveability.

I agree with Oscar-Mike, you have either a smoother, easier drive or go bigger and you have to start concentrating, drive with both hands, watch the road...But the most important thing is how it looks so go big (?). :)

If doing wheel spacers, you'll need 1 1/2" both for tire fitment, and to avoid cutting your lug studs. Never use spacers that do not have separate bolts for the spacers and lugs.