Non-consistent starting problem

Brookeinc1

For a couple months now my car won’t start sometimes but most of the time starts, I just replaced the starter, and crank shaft sensor. I’ve noticed it starts when I wiggle my gear shift. The mechanics have looked at my Jeep for a week and still don’t know what’s wrong with it.

Sounds like the bushings could be bad on the ends of the shift cable linkage causing the safety start not to make when in park.

Reactions: BigAL07
thank you for the advice. My engine started riding rough and shaking. The dealership found the problem. It was the ignition coil

Reactions: Chris
Update. Got the Jeep back from the dealership today and ran good all the way to work and went to go home and it is still not starting. I have no clue what is wrong. Battery is good, new starter on, battery cables are good. When it doesn’t start the lights and radio still turn on but the car won’t turn over.

Update I got the ignition coil fixed and the starting problem was still acting up. I took it back to the dealership and they found it was the neutral safety switch that had been shortened out because of an oil leak I had. They fixed it and I’ve been driving it for a week with no problems.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Update I got the ignition coil fixed and the starting problem was still acting up. I took it back to the dealership and they found it was the neutral safety switch that had been shortened out because of an oil leak I had. They fixed it and I’ve been driving it for a week with no problems.
Did they fix the oil leak or the safety lock-out? I know it's somewhat of a facetious question, but I truly hope they fixed both.

They fixed the oil leak the same time as they fixed the ignition coil and when it got brought back in they said they had the same problem with a Jeep there a few years ago with the same oil leak and same starting problems and that’s how they knew how to fix it when it came back. The parts they put on were lever manual valve, sensor manual valve.

I had same issue. Not starting after long drives, moving shifter or rattle ignition and it would start, sometimes. A service bulletin came out Friday. Its the valve body. Mine was just fixed..pick up today. They said it starts everything now..

I had same issue. Not starting after long drives, moving shifter or rattle ignition and it would start, sometimes. A service bulletin came out Friday. Its the valve body. Mine was just fixed..pick up today. They said it starts everything now..

It was probably the neutral start switch that's located in the valve body there was someone else that had the same problem a short time ago.