No coolant in overflow tank

MBohn

Hi, new member here. We just bought a used 2018 JK a few days ago. Should have checked this myself, but neglected to. She stopped at a friend's house on the way home, the husband who is a backyard mechanic checked the fluids and found no coolant in the overflow. The radiator had coolant, but he went ahead and put some SuperTech 50/50 in the overflow. Now I'm extremely concerned about mixing a different formulation, especially since I can't be certain the correct fluid was in there to begin with. Should be the Mopar 10 yr/150,000 mile OAT as far as I can tell.

So my question is should I completely drain & refill with the Mopar fluid?

Thanks so much in advance.

Mark

I saw this in another thread, is this coolant ok? Can't find the correct Mopar coolant in stock anywhere, and Service is all closed until Monday.
1592089175523.png

So to make things worse, it appears it has the wrong coolant in the radiator, it's bright red. This tells me it may have been filled at some point with the Mopar HOAT coolant, unless there's an aftermarket brand of OAT that's red. Either way I'm going to take it back and have them do a flush & fill with the correct coolant.

Mark

The important thing about the coolants is that you aren't mixing them. As long as you're using all of the same coolant, you'll be fine (y)