New to the forums with 2016 Willys

GixerRJ

Supporting Member
I always like getting to know like minded individuals and being part of the Jeep family for quite a few years now has shown me it's probably one of the best families to be a part of. I visited the forums here several times in the past but decided to stop being a creeper and finally become a member. :)

Here's my girl - Valkyrie. She's a 2016 Willys.

IMG_20210316_195422_808.jpg

IMG_20210316_195422_788.jpg

20210317_074921.jpg

What I can remember I have done to her so far. Of course, there is always more on the way to do.

Smittybilt Rock Crawler side armor
Barricade Extreme HD front bumper
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ hitch
Smittybilt Gen2 X2O 10k winch
Titan steel fender flares, front and back
Titan steel inner fender wells
18x10 Fuel Revolvers w/ 35" Toyo Open Country R/Ts
Dv8 heat dispersion hood, metal
Dv8 hood hold downs
RedRock Dual Outlet Axle-back exhaust w/ black tips
RedRock CAI
Hi-lift X-treme Jack w/ driver side mount
Black smoked sequential tail lights
Rugged Ridge LED 3rd brake light ring
LED headlights and fog lights
Rock lights by Nox-Lux
Kicker speaker replacements for all OEM
Various pillar mounted Raxiom spot and flood lights plus front bumper spot lights
A Pillar switch pod and various interior upgrades
Barricade locking fuel door
Rugged Ridge 3/4 inch D-ring shackles front and back w/ inserts
Teraflex 2.5" lift w/ 9550 VSS Shocks, Teraflex 9550 steering stabilizer, and Teraflex Monster Front Forged Adjustable track bar

Great looking Jeep! How do you like the high lift jack in that position? I’ve been trying to decide where to mount mine. I can‘t at the rear due to the rack above the spare tire. I don’t think I like the hood option due to potential of damaging the hood taking it on and off.

Great looking Jeep! How do you like the high lift jack in that position? I’ve been trying to decide where to mount mine. I can‘t at the rear due to the rack above the spare tire. I don’t think I like the hood option due to potential of damaging the hood taking it on and off.
Thank you! And I like it. It doesn't obstruct vision at all and is way easier to access than one on the hood.

Thank you! And I like it. It doesn't obstruct vision at all and is way easier to access than one on the hood.
Thank you. How does it mount? I;ve seen two variations but each say “no drilling required” which doesn’t seem to make sensue. The one style has holes at the windshield frame so that takes care of the top mounting, but I don’t see how the bottom mounts. The other looks like it mounts to the body area right behind the hood. In each case looks like the bottom needs holes and gets mounted to the body. Attached two photos for reference. Thank you for your time.

F61CD064-4E3D-42BB-B776-881627307DFD.jpeg

8FF481F2-9CEC-4669-AD60-8608934E55FC.jpeg

Thank you. How does it mount? I;ve seen two variations but each say “no drilling required” which doesn’t seem to make sensue. The one style has holes at the windshield frame so that takes care of the top mounting, but I don’t see how the bottom mounts. The other looks like it mounts to the body area right behind the hood. In each case looks like the bottom needs holes and gets mounted to the body. Attached two photos for reference. Thank you for your time.

View attachment 118298

View attachment 118299

The one I have only mounts at the top, two bolts into the windshield frame (with a heavy duty felt pad between the mount and the frame). There is an adjustable disc that the lower portion of the mount that rests against the fender panel, and under that disc is a heavy duty clear plastic sticker to prevent scratching/etc. If you need me to snap a photo of it w/ the jack removed, let me know!

20210402_110735.jpg

20210402_110809.jpg

Reactions: Danarch and mrjp
Thank you very much for the additional information, and thank you for your service.