New to the Forum

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Had a 1987 Wrangler for about 10 years and sold it and put the money into a 1955 Willy’s pickup. Kept that for a few years and sold it. Finally back into a Jeep that I picked up a week ago and love being back in it. It’s a 2015 and only had 14,000 miles on it. has the 6 speed manual tranny which I am enjoying having.
5155C3D9-6E56-4CC8-B633-197CF0DDA3E4.jpeg

Reactions: Link1989
Nice looking JK. Welcome to the forum.

I see a front receiver hitch, which tells me you or the PO towed your rootbeer Rubicon behind an RV? Did you have the drivetrain inspected before you bought it? I only ask because there have been several threads asking the proper method of towing behind an RV and I worry that some may not have been doing it quite right.

Thank you. The front hitch is interesting, and something I haven’t exactly figured out yet. From my understanding that type of hitch is not typically the type used to tow a vehicle behind something. Typically I think the reciever is mounted to the vehicle doing the towing and the ”A” type brace going to the towed vehicle. I suppose it could be done in the reverse? But it was a question, especially with the low milage. To answer your question I did not have the drivetrain inspected. So far everything seems to work well, but haven’t had a chance to go off road yet. Overall the Jeep seems to be in good clean shape. I crawled underneath prior to purchasing to check for any visbile damage to skid plates, frame etc. from rock crawling and the such and it all seemed clean too.

I was wondering of they used the hitch for a portable winch which could have been used with the front or rear hitch. I‘ve see that done before. But I haven’t been able to locate any electrical to suggest that.

Reactions: mrjp
Wow! I've never seen that color on a JK. What color code is it? Looks like a Hard Rock edition too, unless the PO just put all the Hard Rock parts on it.

Wow! I've never seen that color on a JK. What color code is it? Looks like a Hard Rock edition too, unless the PO just put all the Hard Rock parts on it.
The color is “Copper Brown Pearl”. Correct it is a Hard Rock edition which was a surprise to me. I had to check and see what that meant when I was reading through the original window sticker details. The website had it advertised as “Gold” and the dealers picture wasn’t the best but we drove through the lot and really liked the color.

My guess would be a portable winch or just to move a trailer around. A RV tow set up is different

IMG_3699.jpeg