New to Jeeping and forum from WA

JeepLuvr1954

It's a 2011 Sahara MOAB edition. The wife and I picked it up bone stock back in September.

I started mods right away with the lift/wheels/tires. It handles pretty good but I plan to upgrade to better shocks eventually. Gears will also be a must.

The bumpers went on over the winter along with the roof rack(just in time for a trip to Montana after Christmas). I plan to install a winch soon but not sure on brand vs cost.....any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

The auxiliary lights are not hooked up yet cause I'm waiting on my light bar choice...... which is also hard to make because of the price vs quality debate.

IMG_20200619_130204212_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200619_130224079_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200619_130255114_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the forum and great looking JKU!

As far as winches go, if you have the money, Warn is great. If not, I know so many people who have put this winch through the ringer over the years and never had any issues:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K150VAI/?tag=jkforum-20
Thanks!

Yeah, the Warn pricing is cringe worthy. I have a Badlands 12k from Harbor Freight on my Super Duty that's been pretty good although only used a few times. That's another setback in the decision making process......I don't get myself into a winch worthy situation very often.

T
Nice ride!
Love that rack. I have the Defender as well, but mounted it directly to the hinges and gutter.
What's the rear bumper?
The rear bumper is from Hooke Road. I liked it because it attaches to the rear gate and swings in unison which makes things much easier for the wife. Not my first choice and wish I would have gone with the Smittybilt Atlas to match the front at this point because of it's meeting of storage needs for packing extra gas.

They frown upon HF winch products here for many reasons and so they say Smittybilt is more reliable.

Last edited:
QUOTE="Oscar-Mike, post: 427546, member: 17486"]
They frown upon HF winch products here for many reasons and so Smittybilt is more reliable.
[/QUOTE]
No prob. To each his own. I'm not afraid to say what does/doesn't work for me and noone else should be either. You know what they say about opinions. Lol

Thanks!

Yeah, the Warn pricing is cringe worthy. I have a Badlands 12k from Harbor Freight on my Super Duty that's been pretty good although only used a few times. That's another setback in the decision making process......I don't get myself into a winch worthy situation very often.

If you're rarely using it, I suppose at that point you could get by with just about anything. That Smittybilt one though is really good for the money, that I can tell you for a fact.

Reactions: JeepLuvr1954