New owner with a 2007 JK Sahara

Mike Baker

Hi - new member and new JK owner as of today. I’ve owned everything from a 1967 M38A1CDN3 to a 2003 TJ, but this is my first foray into the post 4.0l world.

Mine is a black 2007 JK Sahara with less than 100,000 miles on it, although it has definitely seen some use and needs some love. I’m not enthused about the 3.8l but given the prices of Jeeps today it was that or nothing.

I’m looking forward to participating and learning from those who already know what I should probably have asked before I signed the transfer papers. But hey, if I wanted 100% reliability I wouldn’t have bought a Jeep! 😂

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Some of us put a throttle pedal enhancer on to help it FEEL like it has more power, I have a Pedal Commander brand but there are other Brands.

Some of us put a throttle pedal enhancer on to help it FEEL like it has more power, I have a Pedal Commander brand but there are other Brands.
I second the FEEL part. Doesn't add HP, but opens up the throttle to get rid of that lag, especially when geared correctly. It's a game-changer for me... almost 3 yrs installed (Pedal Commander) and still love it.

Reactions: mrjp