New Member from South Carolina

Chuck496

Hi from South Carolina!

I have a 2015 Sport. So far, I've changed the top to a Trektop NX Plus, the wheels and tires to 17x9 Vision Manx 2 and Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a few other small mods. Next will be new bumpers and then a lift kit. I'll be scouring the forum for advice on those mods. Below is a pic of my jeep the day I got her and the other is a current pic.

Chuck

Jeep When New.JPG

IMG_1783.jpg

Welcome!
Nice looking ride.
Can I ask about your hood latches? Extra drilling, metal or rubber, etc.?

Thanks! Those are Rugged Ridge hood latches. They're a direct factory replacement, so no drilling necessary. They come with rubber pieces to mount between the latch and hood/fender to protect the paint. They're very easy to install. The hardest part for me was the piece that mounts to the fender. Reaching the nut on the inside of the fender was a little tricky for me. Oh, there is a plastic piece from the factory latch that you'll need to use with these latches.

And thank you for your service!

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Thanks! I think they made a big difference, too. I'm very pleased with them. The Ridge Grappler tires ride nearly as smooth as the stock tires.

Thanks! Those are Rugged Ridge hood latches. They're a direct factory replacement, so no drilling necessary. They come with rubber pieces to mount between the latch and hood/fender to protect the paint. They're very easy to install. The hardest part for me was the piece that mounts to the fender. Reaching the nut on the inside of the fender was a little tricky for me. Oh, there is a plastic piece from the factory latch that you'll need to use with these latches.

And thank you for your service!

Do they eliminate the hood flutter? And I have really big hands- is that going to cause problems reaching that nut inside the fender?

Do they eliminate the hood flutter? And I have really big hands- is that going to cause problems reaching that nut inside the fender?

The hood is locked down tight; no flutter at all. You will definitely want a flex head and a small extension on your ratchet. Getting the old nut off with the ratchet wasn't too bad, but threading the nut back on was tough. I have short fingers. Below is an excellent video on how the install goes.

Reactions: dthor