New here. After fluid changes and maintenance jk won’t shift to any gears

Jogyver

I had a front steering u joint go bad so while fixing it I decided to do all the fluid changes . Front and rear axle , transmission and transfer case. Found some metal chunks on the rear ended drain magnet so that was something to investigate. Well it was teeth of the small spider gears in the Dana 44. Replacement gears ,axle seals and bearings installed along with two new abs sensors. Why am I including all this … it just may help figure out my issue. Trans fluid changed . Those fluid vacuums are awesome. Less mess . New gasket and a Mopar trans filter installed correctly. Fluid at the correct level.
I go to move the JK. No movement when shifting in gear. I did relearn the new abs sensors . All codes cleared. My scanner is showing no communication with the output sensor. I’m using a higher end Autel scanner computer. Has anyone had this issue and could share the possible fix?
thanks

No movement when in gear sounds like low fluid. I realize you said the levels were good. How many miles on the odometer & what year?

Also, welcome ;)

Output shaft speed not available

69B9D44F-38A1-495C-AE46-7BE69257E39A.jpeg

No movement when in gear sounds like low fluid. I realize you said the levels were good. How many miles on the odometer & what year?

Also, welcome ;)
Appreciate your comment Jerry. The manufacture states 5.5 quarts for a pan drop fluid change. I put 5.5 quarts in and nothing on the dipstick.. so up to 6.5 quarts and it looks like is full. .Jeep trans dipstick s are the worse

Not an excerpt by any means, any way there is a connection that came loose when changing the fluid? I noticed the transmission temp is out of the normal range, which may have something to do with it. Sure the filter is in correctly?

Not an excerpt by any means, any way there is a connection that came loose when changing the fluid? I noticed the transmission temp is out of the normal range, which may have something to do with it. Sure the filter is in correctly?
The temp did spike once. Then ran 100f a bit later when starting. I did check all connections. Computer shows all good with exception of the output shaft speed sensor. Screwed around with emptying and filling the trans fluid. Still no gear engagement. Might be my luck transmission speed sensor is probably bad. Might send it off to the transmission repair shop nearby. Funny how all this happens just by doing typical maintenance .

Reactions: mrjp
jack up the rear, spin the tire so the drive shaft rotates. If you get no signal, you have narrowed the problem.
You could the test the sensor with a multimeter, when spinning the wheel it should generate some AC voltage.
If it generates voltage you then have to check the connectors and wiring.

And the temperature should be around room temperature if the vehicle has been sitting. It is red on purpose because it is out of range.

Chryslers ECU reaction to a problem sucks, Example, I had a bad connection to O2 sensor 1 bank 1. Instead of going to open loop, it shut off the gas to the entire bank causing a very lean multiple miss fire.

Don